Declassified FBI Files Caught Eric Swalwell Admitting Something He Spent a Decade Denying

Aug 19, 2026

Eric Swalwell spent years calling the FBI a weapon against political enemies.

Now the FBI just released his own file – and it shows exactly what he was hiding.

The man who screamed "weaponization" the loudest just got exposed by the receipts.

Operation Freshman Fifteen: The Bribery Scheme Swalwell Said Didn't Exist

President Trump declassified the files Monday through the White House Government Transparency Task Force – and they are devastating.

The FBI opened a full predicated investigation on March 17, 2014, codenamed "Freshman Fifteen."

It wasn't about a bad relationship.

It was a bribery scheme: Fang funneled illegal campaign contributions through straw donors in exchange for congressional internship placements Swalwell controlled.

A wealthy winery owner told agents that Fang instructed him to "just bring his checkbook" because she would reimburse his donation.

A fast-food franchise magnate told agents Fang wanted his contribution credited directly to her.

The Las Vegas angle is worse: a 2014 event at the Wynn Casino involving Fang, Swalwell, collected donation checks, and reimbursement concerns – the kind of scene you'd expect in a counterintelligence thriller, not a congressman's fundraising calendar.

When FBI agents interviewed Swalwell, he admitted to multiple sexual encounters with Fang.

He confirmed his staff had placed her interns inside his congressional office.

He acknowledged his campaign had no system capable of catching the straw donations she routed through American intermediaries.

That's not exoneration.

That's a confession on every material fact.

Jack Smith Was Watching – and Still Did Nothing

The DOJ ultimately declined to prosecute – even after agents built what they described as clear evidence of illegal foreign contributions, conduit donations, and false-statement offenses.

Here's what makes it worse: the early steps of the Freshman Fifteen investigation were overseen in part by Jack Smith.

The same Jack Smith who later constructed two criminal cases against President Trump – one over classified documents, one over January 6 – watched the Swalwell file develop and let it collapse when Fang fled to China after agents raided her home and began interviewing her associates.

There's one more layer.

While Fang was allegedly running a bribery operation inside a congressman's office, an FBI undercover agent was simultaneously trying to recruit her as a confidential informant on Chinese influence operations targeting U.S. officials.

Beijing's spy was being courted as America's spy – while she was allegedly buying her way into Congress.

And when she ran, nobody followed.

The Man Who Demanded the Epstein Files Didn't Want His Own Released

When Kash Patel moved to release the Freshman Fifteen files earlier this year, Swalwell sent a cease-and-desist letter and threatened to sue.

He held a press conference outside a federal building in San Francisco calling it a "horrendous abuse of power."

He insisted the case had been closed for over a decade.

Here's what he left out of that press conference: nine months earlier, Swalwell had stood in Congress and grilled Patel over the Jeffrey Epstein files.

His exact argument was that the public deserves full transparency – and that resisting disclosure raises questions about what someone is hiding.

The FBI released its Swalwell file Monday.

By his own standard, you know what to think.

Meanwhile, Trump got raided at Mar-a-Lago over boxes of documents – and Swalwell cheered it on, warning Trump supporters to get off the train before things got ugly.

The declassified files tell a different story: a congressman who admitted sleeping with a Chinese intelligence asset, letting her plant operatives in his office, and accepting her illegal money through straw donors – then spending a decade pointing at everyone else and screaming about threats to democracy.

Jack Smith went after Trump twice.

Nobody went after Swalwell once.

That's not a justice system.

That's a protection racket – and today, the receipt finally hit the table.


Sources:

  • John Solomon, "FBI Had Evidence Swalwell Got Illegal Donations from Suspected Chinese Spy, Bombshell Memos Show," Just the News, August 17, 2026.
  • Ken Bensinger and Devlin Barrett, "Declassified FBI Files Reveal Congressman Swalwell Was Investigated Over Alleged Chinese Spy's Interns-for-Campaign-Cash Scheme," The Bureau News, August 17, 2026.
  • James Rosen, Breaking News Post, X (Twitter), August 17, 2026.
  • CA Post Editorial Board, "Eric Swalwell: Release the Epstein Files, But Not the Fang Fang Files," New York Post, March 2026.
  • Staff Report, "Swalwell Threatens FBI with Legal Action as Patel Reportedly Weighs 'Fang Fang' Files Release," Fox News, March 31, 2026.

Sign up for free email alerts:

Latest Posts: